WESTGATE SURGERY PATIENT PARTICIPATION GROUP
PATIENT SURVEY REPORT 2014/2015
On behalf of the Patient Participation Group(PPG) and the Surgery we would like to thank the 252 patients who took part in our survey between October and March 2015. Overall 93% of patients were very happy with the service we provide.
1. The need for more appointments to meet patient demand
- The Practice has 3 GP Partners plus I Locum Doctor, we have a Nurse Practitioner who works 5 days
- We are looking to recruit another GP as a salaried GP.
2. Time patients wait to see a clinician when arriving for their appointment
- Agreed that at times this could be improved although felt that patients will be happier waiting on basis that there appointment expectations are met. Time management is an issue and clinicians are monitoring this. Patients are informed by receptionist on arrival or when delays occur.
- Patients using the telephone to make appointments figure is still low and we are still trying out new ideas to improve this.
- Increased on line appointments with Doctors not just Nurse Practitioners. We have opened up more telephone slots with Doctors each day.
- We have started seeing patients at 8.10am instead of 8.30am when our doors open for Doctors.
- We have clinicians/ administrators taking calls at 8.30am to take the pressure of the back log of calls coming in at 8.30 am